Migrating Strategies to move Existing Applications to Microservices
Another set of articles that help in clarifying your work process towards migrating an existing monolithic application to microservices
Little understanding of monolithic — it is a complex system bunch of all modules running together, any one-time bug can fail the whole system and need work to the whole system deploy again which takes much time of the developer.
DEV IT DevOps developers have written the best blog which describes the solution for monolithic to microservice migration
Microservices — it is a set of module design and create separately and deploy independently which require more time in the initial base but later on make work easy in business operation, and no any hassle of bug raise, system maintenance, and all.
Here I have posted a few practical strategies which help in migration
- Make a good transition plan
- Identify all logical modules and most independent modules.
- Identify inter-system relationships.
- Identify groups of modules.
- Prepare an individual service-wise database.
- Never allow migrated-service code to again fall in the monolith app.
- Migrate module groups to separate services and make separate deployments.
- You can also break an existing microservice into smaller ones.
- Make use of the event bus to communicate between microservices.
Hope this help to developer, hence you can read full detailed blog on official platform of DEV IT journal https://www.blog.devitpl.com/migrating-strategies-to-move-existing-applications-to-microservices/